Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Problem with tab

It used to be in Tools | Options (Edit tab). It was moved in Word 2002.

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Thank you so very much Jean-Guy! I was looking in Tools, Options, instead
of
Tools, AutoCorrect Options. I'll try to remember next time to specify
that
I'm still in Word 2003.

And once more, Jean-Guy, thanks a million.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"Island Girl" wrote:

I can't believe that I've forgotten where to find the option that
prevents
the whole paragraph indenting each time I hit the tab. I've set that
more
than once before but now when I go to Tools, Options, I just can't find
it.
Have I totally forgotten? Am I losing it?

Please refresh my memory and thanks a million.

Next time, specify the Word version... More and more people have Word
2007.
At work, I don't, so If you are not using Word 2007. If you are... hold
on,
someone will tell you where it is...

Tools AutoCorrect Options... "AutoFormat As You Type" tab uncheck
"Set
left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces".

Also, if you do have it checked and just occasionaly wished that this
opion
was not applied, do CTRL-Tab instead of Tab alone.