Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Moving margins & changes in footers

What is the content of the footer? Any StyleRef fields? Do you have a
separate First Page Footer?

"Tami" wrote in message
I set up a document in Word with a footer. I add to this document every

week.
The footer is set up with a 10 pt font with the document's name in bold,
black and the page number in the far right margin at an 8pt font. The
footer's margins are set at .25".

The problem is that every time the main document moves to the next page,
four empty lines are ADDED to the footer and the font color and size of

the
document's name in the footer turn to white and 11pts.

So, each time text from the first page moves to the second page, to ensure
it's set up right, I have to go into the footer, delete the empty lines

and
change the font size and color of the document's name (in the footer). Why
does this happen? What am I doing wrong? What can I do to stop this? It's
getting very frustrating. Thanks.