Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default formatting in word unstable Macfee identified malware trojanHelp

Hi Valerier

valerier wrote:
formattin in a word document has become unstable. typing goes on top of each
other and tabs page settings keep undoing etc.

Macfee has identified a new malware trojan which is quarenteed at the moment.

Are these connected? What can I do about either problem

I doubt it -- a virus, who'd know, but a trojan (at least not directly).

But nevertheless, the steps I'm recommending a

1. Get rid of the trojan for good, and

2. Take a look at the following primers on formatting-control in Word:

Word is always making changes I don't expect. How can I get more control
over my formatting? (by Suzanne S. Barnhill and Dave Rado)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

Formatting applied to one paragraph affects the entire document (by
Suzanne Barnhill)
http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/format...tedcontent.htm

Why does the appearance (or layout) of my document change when I open it
on a different machine? (by Suzanne S. Barnhill)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

Greetinx
Robert
--