Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Find what facility

OK apologies - it does work in 2007, but not in 2003, and as far as I can
recall not in the earlier versions either. The OP is using 2003.

Stefan Blom wrote:
It certainly works for the Find dialog box in Word 2007 (I currently
don't have any older versions to test).

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It depends on the dialog - the Find dialog (CTRL+F/CTRL+H) is one
that does not respond to a right mouse click and as far as I can
recall, never has.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Although you cannot drag and drop text into a dialog box, you should
certainly be able to right-click and choose Paste from the context
menu.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It has never been possible to paste into a dialog using the mouse;
only Ctrl+V works.

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
news Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got
used to using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy
and paste a word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know
not what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to
use the mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in
message
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the
Find What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but
still I do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste
into the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any
help. Cheers