Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathryn Pundt[_2_] Kathryn Pundt[_2_] is offline

Default Page numbering, excluding page 1 in the total pages

ctrl-F9 all four brackets? and, inside the brackets type or insert code?

"Henk57" wrote:

If you have planned to convert to pdf when ready, probably the easiest
is to make two pdfs (one of yr cover page) and one of yr 54 pages.
Then merge on the pdf level.
If you must do it in Word, try {={PAGE}-1} of {={NUMPAGES} -1} (Note:
enter the curly brackets via Ctrl-F9, not via the keyboard).

'Kathryn Pundt[_2_ Wrote:
;2249943']I tried using the fieldcodes, but couldn't get them to work.
Is there an
easy way to start page 1 on page 2 and the total pages will not include
the
title page? I have a total of 55 pages. Page 1 is a title page. What I
need
is page 1 of 54, etc.

--
Henk57