Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Watermark won't show on a Table

Hi Bob,

Thinking of the object _as a watermark_ your comments are reasonable -- a
watermark should be behind the text layer, never in front of it. I was thinking
of it as simply another graphic, for which "in front of text" is an available
wrapping option but appears not to work. In fact, though, I suppose you could
bring the watermark in front of any text that happened to be in the
header/footer layer -- but all of that would still be behind the text layer.

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 19:11:11 -0700, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At
Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:

Hi Jay,

I'm not sure I'm following, in seeing this as a bug. I may be missing a step g.

If the table is in the document layer and the Text Watermark (WordArt) background is in the header/footer layer it wouldn't be
available to be in front of the table/text (or for that matter when a 'watermark' would be considered to normally in front of text
g.

The cut and paste would basically be the same as creating WordArt in the text and putting it over the text/table. Anchoring it to
the header row, if the header row repeats in the table will repeat the WordArt on each page.

Also, adding the Watermark to a different gallery, such as QuickParts or Autotext, rather than Watermark, will change the behavior
of the item so it's available in the document layer

==============
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message ...
Nothing I've tried works, either -- as long as the DRAFT is anchored in the
header. What does work is to cut it from the header and reinsert it in the
regular text on the page with the table.

I'd say this is a bug, but not likely to be fixed in this version because it
doesn't involve loss of data and it does have a workaround, no matter how
unpalatable. (I don't work for Microsoft, and this is just my educated guess.)

If the whole document needs the watermark, you'll want to insert section breaks
before and after this page, turn off the Link To Previous button in the Header &
Footer ribbon for this page and the following section, and paste copies of the
watermark back into the headers of the preceding and following sections.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman