Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Watermark won't show on a Table

You've been told how it can be done.

"MCain" wrote in message
So I'm guessing it can't be done?? :-)

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

I was assuming that at least some of the watermark might stick out above
and
below the table, and it would be best not to have two of them floating
about.

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 21:11:47 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"

wrote:

Or, if the watermark doesn't show on the page at all, why not leave well
enough alone and just add the graphic to the page, leaving the invisible
watermark behind?

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 13:18:01 -0700, MCain

wrote:

I'm using Word 2007 and need to put a DRAFT watermark over a table.
The
watermark goes behind the table.

I cannot get it to come to the front no matter what I do. I have
tried
going into the header section and selecting the watermark and choosing
bring
to front.

If I don't have header section selected the bring to front option is
grayed
and not available to use at all.

Nothing I've tried works.

Nothing I've tried works, either -- as long as the DRAFT is anchored
in
the
header. What does work is to cut it from the header and reinsert it in
the
regular text on the page with the table.

I'd say this is a bug, but not likely to be fixed in this version
because
it
doesn't involve loss of data and it does have a workaround, no matter
how
unpalatable. (I don't work for Microsoft, and this is just my educated
guess.)

If the whole document needs the watermark, you'll want to insert
section
breaks
before and after this page, turn off the Link To Previous button in
the
Header &
Footer ribbon for this page and the following section, and paste
copies of
the
watermark back into the headers of the preceding and following
sections.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman