Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Watermark won't show on a Table

Unless the table is so long that it extends across more than two pages,
there will be at least one paragraph mark on the page that is not inside the
table. Click in that paragraph and paste the watermark.

If any of the text moves, then the watermark has been pasted as "in line
with text"; click the Text Wrapping button and choose "In front of text".
You may have to drag the watermark to the center of the page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

MCain wrote:
Sorry to be so dumb. But I guess I'm just not following the
instructions.

I need the watermark to go across the page in front of a table. The
table has colored columns. When I try to insert WordArt in with the
text or copy and paste it, it messes up the table.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You've been told how it can be done.

"MCain" wrote in message
So I'm guessing it can't be done?? :-)

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

I was assuming that at least some of the watermark might stick out
above and
below the table, and it would be best not to have two of them
floating about.

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 21:11:47 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"

wrote:

Or, if the watermark doesn't show on the page at all, why not
leave well enough alone and just add the graphic to the page,
leaving the invisible watermark behind?

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 13:18:01 -0700, MCain

wrote:

I'm using Word 2007 and need to put a DRAFT watermark over a
table. The
watermark goes behind the table.

I cannot get it to come to the front no matter what I do. I
have tried
going into the header section and selecting the watermark and
choosing bring
to front.

If I don't have header section selected the bring to front
option is grayed
and not available to use at all.

Nothing I've tried works.

Nothing I've tried works, either -- as long as the DRAFT is
anchored in
the
header. What does work is to cut it from the header and reinsert
it in the
regular text on the page with the table.

I'd say this is a bug, but not likely to be fixed in this version
because
it
doesn't involve loss of data and it does have a workaround, no
matter how
unpalatable. (I don't work for Microsoft, and this is just my
educated guess.)

If the whole document needs the watermark, you'll want to insert
section
breaks
before and after this page, turn off the Link To Previous button
in the
Header &
Footer ribbon for this page and the following section, and paste
copies of
the
watermark back into the headers of the preceding and following
sections.