Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default floating shapes

Hi Don,

Are you working in Print Layout view in Word?

Are you saving as
'Word Document' or 'Word 97-2003 Document'?

In the http://Geogebra.org web applet, use
Edit=Select All,
followed by
File=Export=Drawing Canvas to Clipboard.

In Word 2007 use
Home=Paste=Paste Special
that the default paste type for the Geogebra Drawing Pad object is a PNG picture (Word's internal preference). [Note, saving the
Drawing Pad as a PNG and then using Insert=Picture in Word is usually a preferred method over pasting a picture).

After pasting in Word 2007 double click on the picture in Word and check
Picture Tools=Format=Text Wrapping.
Inline with text treats the graphic as a large text character. The other choices wrap text in one form or another, but in Print
Layout view reopening the file shouldn't ordinarily jump the graphic to another page just from that action.

================
"Don" wrote in message ...
I generate circles on a program geogebra.org, export them to the clipboard,
and paste them on a Word document. When I next open the document, these
shapes have moved all over the page. This happens every time!
How can I freeze these shapes in position???
Running Vista and Office 2007
Many thanks!
Don
--