Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default floating shapes

Hi Don,

Can you provide specifics on how much the graphic is moving and what else is on the page? All graphics in Word are anchored to a
text location and if the anchor moves the anchored picture can as well.

If you're pasting into a Word 2007 document you're in one of the views represented by the icons on the lower right of the status bar
on the bottom of the screen. Print Layout view being the closest to how it will print.

Picture Tools=Format=Arrange=Position
provides basically 10 preset positions on the page for a pasted graphicand generally works okay if the graphic isn't enlarged to
full page when the page is basically just text.

Picture Tools=Format=Arrange=Text Wrapping
sets the wrapping style, and lets you adjust the positioning manually by dragging.

Are you adding the graphic to a page already created or adding text and other items after positioning the graphic? (Word is text
reflow software rather than page layout).

"Don" wrote in message ...
Bob- I do use the "position" tab on page layout to move the shape around. The
problem is getting it to stay where I place it!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP