Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Alignment problem in tables AND inconsistent icons in the ruler

Settings set for specific cells will also override the table default.

http://word.mvps.org

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com"
wrote in message ...
Check the paragraph formatting in the problem table to ensure that it does
not have a negative indent. Such an indent will over-ride the cell
margins.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Pierre" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 SP3.

I am using a user-defined style for the rows of my tables. The style is
based on no style.

In most of my tables, my text looks fine...meaning that there is an
adequate
amount of space between the beginning of the column and the beginning of
the
text. I didn't define the space.

In another table, the beginning of the text touches the beginning of the
column, meaning, there is no space.

I tried doing Table Table Properties followed by clicking the Table tab

Options.
Under Default cell margins. It doesn't matter what number I enter,
nothing
changes.

In the tables that look good, the Default cell margins is set to 0.08.

In both cases, Automatically resize to fit contents is not selected.