Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Alignment problem in tables AND inconsistent icons in the ruler

I'm not sure why it sometimes happens, but the paragraph may have a negative
indent. Select the text in the cell and press crtl+space.

PamC

Pierre wrote:
I'm using Word 2003 SP3.

I am using a user-defined style for the rows of my tables. The style is
based on no style.

In most of my tables, my text looks fine...meaning that there is an adequate
amount of space between the beginning of the column and the beginning of the
text. I didn't define the space.

In another table, the beginning of the text touches the beginning of the
column, meaning, there is no space.

I tried doing Table Table Properties followed by clicking the Table tab
Options.
Under Default cell margins. It doesn't matter what number I enter, nothing
changes.

In the tables that look good, the Default cell margins is set to 0.08.

In both cases, Automatically resize to fit contents is not selected.