Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Aliza Berger-Cooper Aliza Berger-Cooper is offline

Default form - field shaded when blank, unshaded when filled in

I want to create a fill-in form in Word 2003, with text fields. I would like to initially shade the fill-in fields, and after the person fills one in, it would automatically go to unshaded. The idea is that the ones they still need to fill in would stand out as shaded (or, better yet, colored).

I would also like the same advice regarding a table cell in an ordinary document (NOT in a fill-in form)?

I assume this requires macros. I saw a somewhat similar thread on checkboxes he
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...e-of-chec.aspx

But I am not experienced enough with macros to be sure how to adapt this.

Thanks very much in advance!

Aliza in Jerusalem

Create the Signature of XML file
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ture-of-x.aspx