View Single Post
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
external usenet poster

Default All Groups Ask New Question Developer Outlook AddIns Excel ExcelCharting Excel Crashes GPFs Excel Miscellaneous Excel New Users ExcelProgramming Excel Setup Excel Worksheet Groove MAC Office MAC Office EntourageMAC Office Word Office Communicator Off

I see that the Microsoft advice I quoted might not have come through. It was:

To add shading to a printed form, select the form field you want to emphasize, and then click Borders and Shading (Format menu). On the Shading tab, select the shading options you want.

To top this off, is it possible to pre-fill a form field with text that will disappear when the person types in the field? E.g the text field will be pre-filled with "Name" until the person types in their name.

And how will this work in conjunction with the shading options?

-Aliza in Jerusalem

Aliza Berger-Cooper wrote:

All Groups Ask New Question Developer Outlook AddIns Excel Excel Charting Excel Crashes GPFs Excel Miscellaneous Excel New Users Excel Programming Excel Setup Excel Worksheet Groove MAC Office MAC Off
27-Jan-10

Jay,

Thanks so much for your helpful answer.

I have a followup question.

I want the user to be able to print the form (partially completed) with the blank fields shaded and the filled fields unshaded (accomplished as per your instructions).
The Microsoft site says this:

To add shading to a printed form, select the form field you want to emphasize, and then click Borders and Shading (Format menu). On the Shading tab, select the shading options you want.

Will this work in conjunction with your advice?

TIA again.

Aliza in Jerusalem

Previous Posts In This Thread:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
The FAST TRACK to ASP.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...to-aspnet.aspx