Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
janey janey is offline

Default Automatic Path with Date

I was very interested in this reply as I save documents in this way so it
will save me having to put the date in each time I create a document.

However, is there a way of NOT running this macro - e.g. if I am creating a
template which does not need to have the date in the name?

Use a macro containing the following commands:

With Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs)
If .Display Then
With ActiveDocument
.SaveAs Format(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd") & " " & .Name
End With
End If
End With

If you create the macro with the name of Sub FileSaveAs() in your
normal.dot template or in an add-in, it will run whenever the FileSaveAs
command is used.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

wrote in message
I have some questions hopefully someone can assist.

I want to save my word documents by default in the d:\path location
with the following format

"2010-02-26 File Name.doc "– I would like to insert the date
automatically.

Appreciate your assistance.