Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
janey janey is offline

Default Automatic Path with Date

Yes, Gordon, that is the way I have done it up to now but having read the
first post in this thread, it gave me the idea that it could be automated.
The files in a particular directory in my office are listed as below:

Smith 2010-01-23
Smith 2010-01-31
Smith 2010-02-05
Voce 2010-01-14
Voce 2010-01-25
Voce 2010-02-24
etc

I just thought it would be good to be able to save/save as Smith, Voce, etc,
when I create a new document and have the date inserted.

I realise that the created date shows in the Details list but we need each
file to have the date included.

"Gordon" wrote in message

"janey" wrote in message
I want to create a document and save with the document name which I give
it, followed by the date.

Well as you are typing in the name of the document, isn't it just as easy
to type in the date at the same time? And why would you need the date in
the name in the first place?
The Created Date field will tell you when the document was created...