Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
drdrdr drdrdr is offline

Default Accidental vertical text / fitting table to page.

I posted this in the Page Layout group and then noticed, it's probably better
to post here.

I have a document which consists of many tables.

I somehow have many tables with vertical text, seemingly due to
insufficient space. If I make a column wider, it moves horizontal, but then
I have a lot of extra white space and it takes away from the previous columns
width. That is, there is plenty of white space for the text to expand into,
but it doesn't. I don't see it forcing a cell size, or alignment. Is
there a way of fixing this globally?

Also, I have many tables which are wider than the size of the page. Is there
a way to fix that globally as well? (Seemingly a global Autofit to Window).

Thanks

Thanks