Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Editing 'Mail Merge Recipient' list when data Source is MS Outlook

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm. You may also find
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm useful - particularly
the section at the end concerning the use of custom fields to derive
information from existing fields e.g. an initial.

"Paulieconfused" wrote in message
I would like to use Microsoft Contacts as the source for 'Mail Merge
Recipients'. When trying to do so, I find the 'mail merge recipients' box
will not let me edit categories of information. I cannot do so using
'Contacts' in Outlook, because I cannot find how to add fields or a place
for
a new type of information from which the 'mail merge recipient list can
take
the information. For instance, if I want to have Esquire appear by some
names and Attorney for others how can I have a new box in Outlook from
with
the mail merge can get that information of edit the 'mail merge recipient'
list (which I seem not to be able to do when the list for the information
is
from Contacts in Outlook. Thanks for any help.