Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default end note question

Assuming that you're using Word 2007 or 2010, in the References ribbon,
click the icon at the lower right corner of the Footnotes section. Choose
Endnotes, then drop down the Number format: options and choose 1, 2, 3...

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"richard" wrote in message
I placed two end notes into a document. They appear under the "numbers"
"i" and "ii." How can I get them to appear as regular numbers: "1" and
"2."? And why in the world would the default be with those other
characters?
Thanks.