Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default usabiltiy of Word 2007

To do repeated searches, you can use the dialog to find the first
occurrence; then close the dialog, and use the double-down-arrow
button at the bottom of the vertical scroll bar (or its keyboard
shortcut, Ctrl+PageDown) to find the remaining occurrences.

This button (and the double-up-arrow above it, with the shortcut
Ctrl+PageUp) is technically a Browse button. The "Browse target" is
automatically set to the next (or previous) Find occurrence when you
use the Find dialog. To change it back to its usual target of Next
Page (and Previous Page) or any of the other possible targets, click
the circle button between the double-arrow buttons and choose from the
gallery.

I don't think there's any perfect solution for your other question.
Word will always scroll the screen to put the new cursor location in
the visible window. If there's a specific part of the document that
you want to keep in view at all times, maybe you can use the Window
Split command to get two views of the document. Each pane can have a
different zoom and a different location in the document. However, you
will have to give up some screen area to the second pane.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 03 May 2010 10:30:38 -0500, abcd wrote:

Hi all,

- is there a way to dock the Search mask somewhere? It keeps moving
around the screen at every search. This makes repetitive searches more
time consuming.

- is there a way to horizontally lock the view of a document? If I am
looking at a document that needs to be zoomed in to make it readable,
when I am looking at zoomed in tables the showed portion of the text
keeps moving left and right and I need to reposition it to the wanted
horizontal section every time that the cursor focus changes. Time
consuming too.

:-(