Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default usabiltiy of Word 2007

The good news is that there is a dockable find pane in Word 2010 (see
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...perience.aspx).

The solution for Word 2007 would be to whip up your own custom task pane on
which you added a find box. VBA does not support the creation of custom task
panes from scratch as far as I know, so you would have to go the VSTO way.

Yves

"abcd" wrote in message
Jay Freedman wrote:
To do repeated searches, you can use the dialog to find the first
occurrence; then close the dialog, and use the double-down-arrow
button at the bottom of the vertical scroll bar (or its keyboard
shortcut, Ctrl+PageDown) to find the remaining occurrences.

That would be a "Dock Search Window" checkbox...

I don't think there's any perfect solution for your other question.

That would be as simple as a "Horizontal View Lock" button....

sigh...