Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default usabiltiy of Word 2007

And suppose the window was dockable, wouldn't the same effect appear? If you
are going to sacrifice screen real estate for the find box, it doesn't
matter if it is inside or outside the Word application window.

Yves

"abcd" wrote in message
Tim Mastrogiacomo wrote:
On May 3, 10:30 am, abcd wrote:

For your first question, just unmaximize Word and drag the search box
to a part of your desktop outside of the Word window. The search box
only moves when a result appears beneath it, so if the search box is
outside of the document you are searching, it won't move.

Tim Mastrogiacomo

Works like a charm if you have a large screen or a twin screen system...

I have a 17" and if I reduce the size of the the document window I can
barely see the document....