Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can I remove unwanted returns above a footnote?

Switch to Draft view. On the References tab, click Show Notes. In the Footnotes
pane, choose to display the Footnote Separator. Delete the excessive paragraph
marks.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Beth Obenshain" wrote in message
When I insert a footnote, Word adds two paragraph returns above the footnote
text. I see a short horizontal rule, two returns, and then my text. I am
unable to select the unwanted returns - and the horizontal rule for that
matter. I am using Word 7. I'll appreciate any help on this!