Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
britbrez britbrez is offline

Default how to use a decimal tab stop for numbered list

Please help.

I understand how to set a decimal tab stop using the Tab dialog box or
ruler, but I want to use it with outlined numbering and I can't get it to
work. I am attempting to align the decimals in the numbered list so that when
the list reaches number ten, the tab space remains the same (as with number
one, two, etc.) to the right of the decimal.

I have a customized number style for the top outline level. Then, I used the
default styles associated the associated outline numbered list. I have
modified (customized) the number and text position for the top level of the
outlined numbered list. Then, I created a decimal tab stop using Paragraph
formatting.

Would someone please provide the steps for using a decimal tab stop with an
outline numbered list? Thanks!