Fred Holmes

This may not be the exact effect you want, but at least in Word 2003
you can select a column of the table and then click the "numbered
list" toolbar button and it will fill in a sequence of numbers in the
selected column.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:13:01 -0700, "Amit"
wrote:

MS Word 97, Windows XP
Hi,

I have created a table with 3 columns in a Word document. The first column
is Serial Number. Is there a way to update the value of Serial Number in
rows automatically when I add or delete a new row in/from the middle of the
table, instead of manually updating them?

Thanks!

-Amit