Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lori

Default 2003 -- Are *very* large tables still an issue

We have documents that are 1 long table ranging from 3 to 5 columns but may
be 300+ rows long and a 20-30 pages. In previous version of Word I've delete
with these documents became corrupted easily as it had to reformat 20 pages
of table rows. So the resolution was to get people to put these in Excel.
At other companies not a problem.

At the place I'm at now, the issue is not only the size of the documents but
the size of the cell. Some will have 2000+ (and few quite abit more)
characters and Excel's print and display limit is around 1000 even though the
cell will hold 32,000.

We've just upgraded to Ofc 2003 and I'm wondering if large tables are still
an issue. Or if someone has a piece of software they can recommend.