Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Random Invisible Section Breaks

FWIW, it's sometimes easier to find section breaks in Normal view, but
Cindy's suggestion of cutting and pasting back as unformatted text is
probably the easiest way to lose the unwanted break.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I work with long documents with many section breaks (mostly page
breaks, but occasionally there are continuous breaks). In my problem
document, I have mysterious invisible section breaks that I can't seem
to delete. I've tried every view possible in Word 2002, but I cannot
see the breaks to delete them.

The first line of text is part of Section 21.
When I place my cursor before the first character in the second line of
text, it is Section 22. When I place my cursor after the first
character in the second line of text, it is Section 23.

This is the only jump in sections in the document.

When I try to print Section 22, nothing prints. When I try to print
section 21, it prints the entire page with the sections 21-23 jump.

The question, then, is how do I get rid of the extraneous section
breaks?