Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
kaz kaz is offline

Default Fixing format problems when corrupt

Hi there

I've developed a series of document templates (although they have been
supplied to the customer as .doc not as .dot). The customer has
reported problems with my heading styles, list styles, etc getting
corrupted. So far I haven't been able to solve why the corruption
occurs - I guess maybe it is just Word?

Anyway, I wondered if there is some way of having a separate document
with the correct styles in it and then develop a macro (in the new
document not the distributed ones) to copy the correct styles across to
the corrupt document. Is that possible? I'm not very good with macros
so I would appreciate any assistance I may get here.

Thanks
Kaz