Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Hotkey for "Find again"

I believe it won't, though, Terry. Handily, F4 *doesn't* repeat Find Next.
This makes it convenient to use the browse arrows to Find Next, then F4 to
repeat any action (such as a replacement or paste) that was performed after
the previous find.

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
If you haven't done any edits after executing the Find, then the Repeat
Command key (F4) should do just that too.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Andy" wrote in message
In MS Word 2003, when I want to find some text I do this:

CTRL F, then enter a search string, then press Find Next

(1) How can I "Find Again" by using a hotkey instead of clicking the
button?

(2) Could such a hotkey be made to work even if the Find window is
closed?

--
XP Pro/SP2 running Office Pro 2003 (ver.11)