Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
shiris shiris is offline

Default Problem with inserting multiple linked objects and updating

Hello,

I have a question regarding inserting and updating multiple linked objects.
I am using Office 2007 but have to work with Word 2003 documents.

- I would like to have one (master) word document 2003 which is made up by
inserting linked objects from several other objects (on a sharepoint)
- the word documents which I would like to link to the master document
contain text, graphics and tables

a) Version one I created a "master" and inserted links by Insert\Object\Text
from file\link to file
Upon doing this a couple of times, and the testing by changing one of the
linked file-- the changes were not updated into the master

b) Version two I created a "master" and inserted links by
Insert\Object\Object\Create from file\filen name & link to file ticked
The thus created file contained only the first page of the documents, the
rest was cut off.

Also when opening the master document and then going to Office
Button\prepare there is no Links menu showing.

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Shiri