Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default inserting filenames in concatenate-files macro

It will be easier to tell you how to go about this if you post the code that
you already have do the insertion of the files.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
On Mar 3, 4:36 am, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
I assume that you are doing this manually rather than through code
(because
if the code was not problem for you, the filename should not be either)

Clumsily asked question, sorry. -- I do need to do this in the code.
(I found code to combine the material on the web, and there's a recent
discussion of this topic on this newsgroup as well. I tried to figure
out how to modify it to insert filenames, but I didn't get very far.)

I figured such an algorithm would work something like this:

open dialogue to select files to insert.
iterate over the files to insert {
1. insert filename
2. insert file
}