Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default How do I stop double spacing after hitting the return key?

After you modify the settings in the Paragraph dialog box click the Default
button at the bottom and confirm you want to change your Normal template.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"assisi61" wrote in message
I have to do this over and over and over, because I NEVER use the default
spacing for lines or paragraphs; even when I click default after setting
as
you said, it never remains default, I have to change the spacing each and
every time to avoid the double-spacing and between paragraphs. Is this a
failure of the software or is there something else I can do to make my
settings permanent until I change them? (It happens as well with a simple
3-line address macro: sometimes it double-spaces, sometimes not. ?

"pameluh" wrote:

Select all (Ctrl+A)

Format | Paragraph | Indents and Spacing tab

Set the spacing before and after to 0"

Check the box that says "Don't add a space between paragraphs of the same
style"

Cheers!

Pamela

"aubiepride" wrote:

The problem occurs when I hit return key. Apparently, this is a
formatting
problem. Within the paragraph, I have double spacing. But when I
finish a
paragraph and hit the return key to start a new one, the program
automatically double spaces it, which is not what I want. I want my
paragraphs to be single spaced from each other within the document.
How do I
fix this?
Thanks.

Please email your response to or at