Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Change Footnote Defaults

Although the Places Bar is not infinitely expandable, do you realize that:

1. You can resize the Open and Save dialogs? This makes the Places Bar
larger.

2. You can use Small Icons in the Places Bar? This allows you to have more.

3. You can move icons up and down on the Places Bar? Even the ones that are
not visible (below the dialog) can be accessed via the arrow, and you can
move things up and down as their frequency of use changes (and you can move
the ones that MS includes and won't let you remove to the bottom of the
list).

wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion. My Places Bar is full but your idea made me
think creatively. Doh! I decided to put a shortcut
into the folder where I'm working on these documents. :-)

Thanks!

On Tue, 6 May 2008 13:24:39 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Word 2007 has the Templates folder on the Places Bar to start with, but I
have found it very worthwhile to put it there in Word 2003.

Lady Dungeness
Crabby, but Great Legs!