Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis Cooke Dennis Cooke is offline

Default How do I stop double spacing after hitting the return key?

"Beth Melton" wrote:

After you modify the settings in the Paragraph dialog box click the Default
button at the bottom and confirm you want to change your Normal template.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"assisi61" wrote in message
I have to do this over and over and over, because I NEVER use the default
spacing for lines or paragraphs; even when I click default after setting
as
you said, it never remains default, I have to change the spacing each and
every time to avoid the double-spacing and between paragraphs. Is this a
failure of the software or is there something else I can do to make my
settings permanent until I change them? (It happens as well with a simple
3-line address macro: sometimes it double-spaces, sometimes not. ?

"pameluh" wrote:

Select all (Ctrl+A)

Format | Paragraph | Indents and Spacing tab

Set the spacing before and after to 0"

Check the box that says "Don't add a space between paragraphs of the same
style"

Cheers!

Pamela

"aubiepride" wrote:

The problem occurs when I hit return key. Apparently, this is a
formatting
problem. Within the paragraph, I have double spacing. But when I
finish a
paragraph and hit the return key to start a new one, the program
automatically double spaces it, which is not what I want. I want my
paragraphs to be single spaced from each other within the document.
How do I
fix this?
Thanks.

Please email your response to or at