Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default how to merge a pre-existing .txt or .doc

Hi kweber,

How are the address data laid out? For example, each address is all on one line, with commas or tabs separating the address lines.
Alternatively, each address line is a line in the file and there's two lines separating each address from its neighbours.

--
Cheers
macropod

wrote in message ...
I have about 613pages of addresses i need to put on labels, so copy
and paste is out of the question. I keep trying the merge tips from
other sites, but its not working. How do i take this enormous list and
create mailing labels. Im still trying to figure out how to make a
data file, but the addresses aren't set up in work or excel to create
one.