Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Can't remove or hide header on page 1

I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bufossil" wrote in message
Stefan:

Yes, I was able to remove the unwanted lines with the border tool.

Thanks!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Alternatively, horizontal lines in the header area could also be a
paragraph
border applied to the header (footer) paragraph. Such borders can also be
removed via the Borders and Shading dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Horizontal lines could be page borders, which you can remove in the
Borders and Shading dialog box.

If the lines are in fact graphics, you should be able to select and
delete
them once you have activated the header and footer area (for example by
double-clicking the header).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bufossil" wrote in message
The header and footer are empty except for the horizontal line that
runs
across the page. That is what I am trying to get rid of on the title
page.
The horizontal line appears in both the header and the footer.

Thanks!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The Remove Header command only seems to clear the contents of the
*main*
header. To clear a particular header, the first page header in this
case,
just select the contents and press Delete.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bufossil" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007 on Windows XP.

I am trying to hide the header and footer on page 1 (the title
page)
of my
document.

I have tried the following:

1. In the Header & Footer Tool (with the header active on the first
page),
click "Different First Page." Neither the header or footer
disappear.

2. With the cursor in the header on page 1, in the Header & Footer
Tool,
click Header Remove Header. The header does not disappear.

3. With the cursor in the footer on page 1, in the Header & Footer
Tool,
click Footer Remove Footer. The footer does not disappear.

Any know what is going on? Thanks!

Tim Munyon