Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Word Tables and Text Wrapping

Try moving the table anchor to a higher paragraph, so the whole table can
fit on the page. (Select the table, delete it; than move to another
paragraph and paste it. The pasting behavior for wrapped tables is so much
nicer than for text boxes.) Or leave the anchor where it is and set a
negative value to the vertical (start) position of the table. Again, the
object is to fit the whole table on the page. The text wrapping should sort
itself out then--at least that's what I've seen.

Pam

Alkuna wrote:
This seems to be a stubborn problem for Microsoft Word. I have a table that
extends off the edge of the page. Now Text wrapping is on, Positioning is
0.02". But due to the table extending off the page, all the text that is
supposed to wrap is moved directly to the next page, leaving a blank space
along the side of the table nearly half the page's length. Is there a way to
force the text to get in its proper spot?