Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
COLDMAST COLDMAST is offline

Default Compressing pictures in Word does not work.

I do appreciate the feedback of Microsoft.

Perhaps the "compress pictures" feature is simply broken inside of Word
2002. I have searched many forums and can only find workarounds such as using
external image editors (this comes from Microsoft Employees) rather then
getting this feature to work.

This feature works fine in Word 2003.

Is Microsoft willing to either state that this feature doesn't work in 2002,
or give me the require detailed instructions on how to properly get this
feature to work without any work-arounds that would require going through
each image separately in an external editor.