Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kathy Williamson Kathy Williamson is offline

Default the fix doesn't work

I am trying to use this fix, and I am having a problem. I am trying to import numbers and I need it to show one decimal place (i.e. 15.9) and instead it comes over as 15.49990000...etc. I tried the fix and when I put the changes in, it deletes my cell information so that all is { \# "0.0"}. And when I perform the merge, this area is blank.
However, my mailmerge field does not display as you describe. It comes in as CGOVT and when I display the field display it is { GGOVT }. I have tried entering the fix both before the and after, and I get the same results.
In addition to this problem, some of my cell fields are missing when I try to select recipients. For example, I have a cell named CGOVT and one named CGOVT1. The second is missing from the list.
Additional info: originally this file was in 2003. However, even when I set up a new merge file in 2007, I get the same result.
Please help!!!!
Just Lady

Graham Mayor wrote:

Add a switch to the mergefieldRight click and toggle the field display to
30-Jan-07

Add a switch to the mergefield
Right click and toggle the field display to reveal
{Mergefield fieldname}
Edit that to read
{Mergefield Fieldname \# "(000) 000'-'0000"}
Press F9 to update the field
then Toggle the field display to reveal the update

jbrzez wrote:

On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:03 AM
jbrze wrote:

Field format from Excel
I am trying to MailMerge a field from an Excel document. The field is for
Phone Numbers and has been formatted to display them with the area code and
middle dash in the number (123) 456-7890
When I merge that field in it displays as: 1234567890

How do I keep the formatting or how do I change the field once it is in Word?

On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:11 AM
Graham Mayor wrote:

Field format from Excel
See the examples at http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

jbrzez wrote:

On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:24 AM
jbrze wrote:

I don't have full interent here at work (thought this was the 21st century) so
I do not have full interent here at work (thought this was the 21st century)
so I cannot access the site. Any way to describe or list the steps?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:14 AM
Graham Mayor wrote:

Add a switch to the mergefieldRight click and toggle the field display to
Add a switch to the mergefield
Right click and toggle the field display to reveal
{Mergefield fieldname}
Edit that to read
{Mergefield Fieldname \# "(000) 000'-'0000"}
Press F9 to update the field
then Toggle the field display to reveal the update

jbrzez wrote:

On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:24 AM
jbrze wrote:

Field format from Excel