Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alpine4life alpine4life is offline

Default How do I stop double spacing after hitting the return key?

THX for your reply, I'm not the original poster but your answr was easy to
follow, took my 11.7 sec to turn it off (:

"pameluh" wrote:

Select all (Ctrl+A)

Format | Paragraph | Indents and Spacing tab

Set the spacing before and after to 0"

Check the box that says "Don't add a space between paragraphs of the same
style"

Cheers!

Pamela

"aubiepride" wrote:

The problem occurs when I hit return key. Apparently, this is a formatting
problem. Within the paragraph, I have double spacing. But when I finish a
paragraph and hit the return key to start a new one, the program
automatically double spaces it, which is not what I want. I want my
paragraphs to be single spaced from each other within the document. How do I
fix this?
Thanks.

Please email your response to or at
. I appreciate it.