Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Is it possible to have MS Word show two open documents as tabs?

No, Word does not do this.
What you can do is check / uncheck the Windows in Taskbar check box under
Tools, Options, View. This will toggle the view of Word on the taskbar, ie a
"tab" for each document open (checked) or one tab but a list of open
documents on that single tab (unchecked).
The aboe is for 2003 and prior, if you have 2007 use the Word Options button
for find this option.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"aasghar" wrote:

Whenever I open a Word document, it starts a new instance of MS Word. What I
want is that each time a document is opened, it should be shown as a tab in
the existing document window. How can I achieve this?
--
aasgha