Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I stop double spacing after hitting the return key?

You are not getting "double spacing." The default Normal style in Word 2007
has 1.15 line spacing and 10 pts Spacing After. If you want to use the Word
2003 defaults, you can select them instead from Home | Styles | Change
Styles | Style Set.

http://word.mvps.org

"beautifulbaby" wrote in message
I have no answer, I am having the same problem after hitting the enter key
need single spacing, windows 7 is for the birds, give me windows XP any
time,

"aubiepride" wrote:

The problem occurs when I hit return key. Apparently, this is a
formatting
problem. Within the paragraph, I have double spacing. But when I finish
paragraph and hit the return key to start a new one, the program
automatically double spaces it, which is not what I want. I want my
paragraphs to be single spaced from each other within the document. How
do I
fix this?
Thanks.

Please email your response to or at