Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2013 - Welcome Back Pop-up?

I bet the same people complaining about this didn't like Clippy, either.

I.e., everyone.

On Saturday, May 24, 2014 1:22:28 PM UTC-4, Stefan Blom wrote:

Unfortunately, Word doesn't offer a simple way to turn off the prompt. In
some versions of Windows, you may be able to prevent access to registry
entries that control this. See
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...f-abd540e41a0a.

wrote in message
In Word 2013, when I reopen a document that I have been working on, I get
this
pop-up window that says "welcome back, etc, etc". I don't really care for
it
and am wondering if there is a way to shut the pop-up off?