Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] paul.m.rigby@gmail.com is offline

Default How do I stop double spacing after hitting the return key?

On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 10:38:51 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, November 7, 2005 at 10:45:04 AM UTC-8, pameluh wrote:
Select all (Ctrl+A)

Format | Paragraph | Indents and Spacing tab

Set the spacing before and after to 0"

Check the box that says "Don't add a space between paragraphs of the same
style"

Cheers!

Pamela

"aubiepride" wrote:

The problem occurs when I hit return key. Apparently, this is a formatting
problem. Within the paragraph, I have double spacing. But when I finish a
paragraph and hit the return key to start a new one, the program
automatically double spaces it, which is not what I want. I want my
paragraphs to be single spaced from each other within the document. How do I
fix this?
Thanks.

Please email your response to or at
. I appreciate it.

Pamula
I cant find the fix on my Google Keep. There is no Format/ Paragragh option. Please help.

I found a workaround....it's stupid but it's quick.......the checkboxes feature.
Yep.
Lemme explain.

1. *Double spacing crap happens to you* Argh. Cry!
2. Click "Show checkboxes" to show checkboxes.
3. Click "Hide checkboxes" to hide checkboxes.
4. *Double spacing disappears* Breathe a sigh of relief. Wipe tears*

Yup....
Told you it was stupid.

**NOTE: This eliminates ALL double-spacing, including any double-spacing you meant to put. So before step 2, put a character (I use "." or "-" but it can be anything) to be a placeholder on that desired empty line.**

It's not THE FIX but it's HELLUVA lot faster than the Notepad/ MS Word double-space single-space forest magic and WAAAAAY faster than cavemanning your way through it deleting the spaces yourself.

Enjoy :-)