Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Veteran Mortgage Veteran Mortgage is offline

Default My zip code format is lost when merging from Excel to Word...

On Thursday, July 5, 2007 at 12:44:05 PM UTC-7, Roy Laws wrote:
The postal code information should be stored as text in the data source, not
as a number. Enter the zipcode prefaced with a single quote.
"MarianneME" wrote:
I am merging addresses from Excel to Work and I lose zip code formatting
during the merge so that for all zip codes that begin with a zreo, the zero
is dropped. I have never had this problem before, how can I fix this?
Thanks!

This is true its text it has to be to read in Word