View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Compressing pictures in Word does not work.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble compressing pictures in Word. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. Check the compression settings: When you click on "Compress..." in the Format Picture menu, make sure that you have selected the appropriate compression options. You can choose to compress all pictures in the document or just the selected picture, and you can also choose the target output resolution (e.g. 150 ppi or 220 ppi). Make sure that you have selected the options that best suit your needs.
  2. Check the file format: If your pictures are in a non-compressed format (e.g. BMP), then compressing them in Word may not have much effect on the overall document size. Try converting your pictures to a compressed format like JPEG or PNG before inserting them into Word.
  3. Check the picture size: Even if you compress your pictures, they may still be quite large if they are high-resolution or very large in size. Try resizing your pictures to a smaller size before inserting them into Word. You can do this in an image editing program like Paint or Photoshop.
  4. Check the document layout: If your document has a lot of other content (e.g. text, tables, charts), then compressing the pictures may not have a significant impact on the overall document size. Try simplifying the layout of your document by removing unnecessary content or reorganizing it in a more efficient way.

I hope these tips help you resolve the issue with compressing pictures in Word. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!