Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dyer Dyer is offline

Default converting Word 2002 files to Word 2007 files

JoAnn,

Thank you for your response.

The reason I asked the question is that I bought Word 2007 because, and I am
not sure where this came from, but I received a message online to the effect
that Word 2002 files or its software were no longer going to be supported (by
whom I don't know), but I do know that in the past month or so my computer
began routinely to shut down Word 2002 files in which I was working sending
me a message that Word 2002 software might cause some kind of serious damage
to my computer. I decided to upgrade to Word 2007, althought it has more
bells and whistles than I need for the kind of writing I do, because I had
concluded that Word 2002 was going to cause me problems which I didn't need
nor know how to fix.
Sorry for the long-winded reply.

John

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

You don't *have* to convert them, you know.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dyer" wrote in message
I have hundreds of 2002 Word files. Is there a simple way I can convert all
these files to Word 2007 without opening each file separately?

.