Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Default Can't SAVE files to Folders from EXCEL (and WORD)

Hi David:

You can remove the offending update from Add/Remove Programs, where it shows
as "Security Update for Windows XP (KB908531)". Make sure the "show updates"
box at the top is ticked or you won't see hotfixes in the list.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"DAVID I." wrote:

I can't save files to existing folders... can't even do a "save as"... the
EXCEL 2003 Program gets to a "Not Responding" state and I have to crash it.
I was able to save a file to the "My Documents" folder. The same thing
happened to my Word Program. This all happened after I did the latest
security update to the XP program. I "removed" and then reinstalled the
Office 2003 program but the problem still exists.