Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can't SAVE files to Folders from EXCEL (and WORD)

You just happened into one unfortunate thread. Probably at least 50% of the
questions in the microsoft.public.word.application.errors NG and a very
large proportion of those posted here in the past couple of weeks have been
about this issue. If you had scanned the subject lines of other posts
(including many much more recent ones), you would have found many where the
solution was posted in the first reply.

"ZephyrRowanoak" wrote in message
Thank you Suzanne for posting the link, I never would have recognized it

as
being related to the problem if you hadn't.
I suggestion/request to all of you who know so much more than the rest of

us
(hear my voice light (deep and mellow actually))....I would have never
removed anything based on the advice of someone I didn't know (have had

that
disaster before), having the official page makes me comfortable about

doing
it. I only wish I hadn't needed to read through the personal quarrels to

find
it. I'm new to the "community", is this typical?
I'm going to try to fix my computer now (cross fingers for me)...and I

agree
with (forgot who) thanks a lot Micro....two hours of trying everything I

know
before I had time to start a search...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install
security update MS06-015" at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Velocity Guy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am having the same problem, I can't save any files in Office, yet I
did not do a security upgrade.
Thinking it may have upgraded automatically, I went to the Add/Remove
section and did not find any Security Updates list.
I have run a virus scan, Spyware scan, and put my MS Office 2003 CD
back in and ran the "repair" function, I have tried starting it up in
safe mode and tried saving a file that way..... none of this is

helping
Can someone tell an non-IT type what he can try and walk me through

the
steps
Many thanks
Phil