Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AlanTerrill

Default Can't SAVE files to Folders from EXCEL (and WORD)

Ok -I've solved this thanks to another forum. It seems that its the
combination of a recent microsoft update and the presence of HP share-to-web
software. Have a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165? . You'll have to do some
registry hacking, but it has cured my problem. I wasn't even aware I had this
HP software as I'd long ago removed the printer driver, but it was obviously
still lurking around somewhere.
Alan

I can't save files to existing folders... can't even do a "save as"... the
EXCEL 2003 Program gets to a "Not Responding" state and I have to crash it.
I was able to save a file to the "My Documents" folder. The same thing
happened to my Word Program. This all happened after I did the latest
security update to the XP program. I "removed" and then reinstalled the
Office 2003 program but the problem still exists.